Hooray, it's Friday – why not treat yourself to an old favourite? Adding to our growing list of easy at-home cocktails to include in your bartending repertoire is frozen rosé – or Frosé.
The Frosé is a popular summer-time treat, combining Kiwi's love for ice blocks and alcohol whirled together to create a rosé slushy, perfect for any time of the day. Think of it as a great way to dress up your usual plain glass of rosé or make it slightly more palatable for new wine-drinkers. While it may be hard to come across the Frosé in any old bar, it's considerably easier to just whip one up at home – and what perfect timing. Here's how to create Frosé from the comfort of your kitchen.
What you'll need
1 bottle of your chosen rosé (a bold rosé is encouraged, we use a Merlot rosé)
1/4 cup of white sugar (or your sweetener of choice: honey, stevia etc.)
1/4 cup frozen mango
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
Mint leaves for garnishing (optional)
Note: This is our favourite combo, feel free to use any fruit of your liking
- Pour 4/5 of your bottle of rosé into a blender. Save the rest for later
- Add in your sweetener, frozen strawberries, mango, and blueberries
- Blend until all combined
- Transfer into a shallow baking dish and let it cool in the freezer for 4-6 hours
- Remove from freezer and blitz one last time in the blender until slightly fluffy. Pour into glasses
- Serve with a splash of leftover rosé from the bottle, garnish with mint, and enjoy!
Keep a close eye on Dish Cult as we bring you cocktail recipes for some of our favourite classics and innovative modern creations to spice up your home Happy Hours.